2019 Toyota Highlander LE FWD
2019 Honda Pilot vs. 2019 Toyota Highlander
The Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander have long been considered two of the most competitive options in the market for 8-passenger SUVs, but since you can only choose one, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting the best value. When comparing the 2019 Honda Pilot vs. 2019 Toyota Highlander, it’s not hard to see where the Pilot configurations win out! Drivers who choose the Honda will enjoy a stronger base engine and a much more spacious interior — read on for the details.
Pilot vs. Highlander: Performance and Fuel Economy
The 2019 Honda Pilot and the 2019 Toyota Highlander start at very similar prices, with MSRPs of $31,450* and $31,330, respectively. Additionally, each starts with a 6-speed automatic transmission. However, only the Pilot offers a V6 engine right from the start while Toyota would have drivers upgrade for the power boost.
- Honda Pilot: Drivers who choose the 2019 Honda Pilot will receive a 3.5LV6 engine, standard. This equipment generates impressive power: 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque without upgrades. Despite its size, the 2019 Pilot LX 2WD earns an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.**
- Toyota Highlander: The 2019 Highlander starts with a 2.7L 4-cylinder engine that generates 185 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy estimates for this engine have the Highlander making 20 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway, which makes it less efficient that the Pilot V6!
Pilot vs. Highlander: Interior Space
The Honda Pilot interior is much more spacious than that of the Highlander, and that means that it’s much better suited to improving your daily drives around Lubbock and Odessa.
- Even when you’re driving with a full carload of passengers, you’ll be able to carry 18.5 cubic feet of cargo in the Pilot. Under the same constraints, the Highlander only offers 13.8 cubic feet of cargo space.
- The Pilot’s advantages only improve when one begins to take advantage of its flexible interior. When you fold down the Pilot’s third row of seats, you’ll enjoy 55.9 cubic feet of cargo space. Do the same in the Toyota, and you’ll only have about 42.3 cubic feet to make use of.
- When both the second and third-row seats are folded, the Pilot can store up to 109 cubic feet of cargo. The Highlander’s capacities max out at 83.7 cubic feet.
On top of all this, the Pilot is simply more comfortable for passengers. Its total passenger volume is equivalent to 153 cubic feet. That’s much more room than the Toyota offers, with passenger space totaling 145 cubic feet.
Test Drive a New Honda Pilot at Honda of San Angelo
Don’t waste time with lesser options. Now that you’ve compared the 2019 Honda Pilot vs. 2019 Toyota Highlander, schedule a test drive in any new Honda Pilot for sale at Honda of San Angelo. Great performance and Honda Sensing safety features make the Pilot the perfect SUV for the roads around Abilene.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.