How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Most of the vehicles in the new Honda lineup, from the Honda Accord to the Honda CR-V, are available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. So it’s not surprising that here at Honda of San Angelo we often receive inquiries from Lubbock-area drivers who want to know how to connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. In this guide, we’ll show you how easy it is to connect your smartphone to your Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
First of all, you’ll need to make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later version, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn Siri on. Next, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
Your smartphone will need to be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. We’ve found that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. Here’s how to connect Android Auto™:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Honda of San Angelo!
Smartphone integration can keep you entertained, connected, and informed when cruising the roads in and around Midland and Odessa. If you run into any issues connecting your Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, the experts at Honda of San Angelo are here to help. We can also fill you in on all the details of other Honda technologies, such as the Honda Sensing® package of safety and driver assist systems, and the HondaLink® connectivity suite, including how to connect to the HondaLink App. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Honda of San Angelo
Are you looking to upgrade your Lubbock commute with a new compact sedan that comes loaded with all of the latest tech features? If so, you should consider the 2020 Honda Civic. Along with its sporty performance capability, this fun-to-drive 4-door offers a comfortable interior that features a wide range of amenities to keep you…
The 2020 Honda Pilot is spacious and loaded with a wide array of convenient features, but its safety rating is one of the main reasons this SUV is so popular among Lubbock-area families. In addition to its sturdy design, the Pilot also offers the latest technologies to ensure that you and your loved ones are…
The 2020 Honda Pilot color options give Lubbock drivers the opportunity to reflect their style and personality as they drive around Abilene. In addition to its wide array of comfort, convenience, and tech features, the Pilot can be had with a sophisticated black exterior, a distinctive scarlet, a vibrant blue, and more. You’ll find that…