How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Most of the vehicles in the new Honda lineup, from the Honda Accord to the Honda CR-V, are available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. So it’s not surprising that here at Honda of San Angelo we often receive inquiries from Lubbock-area drivers who want to know how to connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. In this guide, we’ll show you how easy it is to connect your smartphone to your Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
First of all, you’ll need to make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later version, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn Siri on. Next, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
Your smartphone will need to be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. We’ve found that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. Here’s how to connect Android Auto™:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Honda of San Angelo!
Smartphone integration can keep you entertained, connected, and informed when cruising the roads in and around Midland and Odessa. If you run into any issues connecting your Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, the experts at Honda of San Angelo are here to help. We can also fill you in on all the details of other Honda technologies, such as the Honda Sensing® package of safety and driver assist systems, and the HondaLink® connectivity suite, including how to connect to the HondaLink App. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Honda of San Angelo
If you’re planning on hauling a travel trailer or boat out to Lake Nasworthy, you’ll find that the 2020 Honda Pilot is up to the task. When equipped with 2WD, the Pilot can tow up to 3,500 pounds, and if you opt for the Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System, you’ll be able to…
The HondaLink connectivity suite allows Lubbock drivers to connect their compatible phones to their cars, providing easy access to music, social media, maps, and more. Since HondaLink is an application-based platform, you are also able to download other helpful apps, such as HondaLink Navigation and HondaLink Aha. Learn more about the HondaLink app from…
There are nine distinct 2019 Honda Accord color options available for Midland-area drivers to choose from. Whether you want something bright and splashy or more subdued, there’s an Accord color that will suit your personality and lifestyle. Explore the Accord color options below, then head on down to Honda of San Angelo to get behind the wheel of…