How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Most of the vehicles in the new Honda lineup, from the Honda Accord to the Honda CR-V, are available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. So it’s not surprising that here at Honda of San Angelo we often receive inquiries from Lubbock-area drivers who want to know how to connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. In this guide, we’ll show you how easy it is to connect your smartphone to your Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
First of all, you’ll need to make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later version, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn Siri on. Next, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
Your smartphone will need to be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. We’ve found that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. Here’s how to connect Android Auto™:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Honda of San Angelo!
Smartphone integration can keep you entertained, connected, and informed when cruising the roads in and around Midland and Odessa. If you run into any issues connecting your Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, the experts at Honda of San Angelo are here to help. We can also fill you in on all the details of other Honda technologies, such as the Honda Sensing® package of safety and driver assist systems, and the HondaLink® connectivity suite, including how to connect to the HondaLink App. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Honda of San Angelo
With the Honda SUV family so full of great options ranging from the Honda HR-V subcompact crossover right up to the commanding Honda Pilot, drivers naturally wonder about the capability of each model. If you’re wondering, “Does the Honda Pilot have AWD?”, we’re proud to say it’s fitted with one of the segment’s most advanced…
Advanced 2020 Honda Civic safety features deliver next-generation peace of mind and help provide top crash test scores from both the NHTSA and the IIHS. It’s a model set to prove that even sporty compact sedans can address the concerns of family drivers and allow them to keep driving with confidence, which might be why…
Along with choosing the 2020 Honda CR-V trim level that has all of the features you want, Lubbock drivers also have eight different CR-V color options to consider. From sophisticated hues to vibrant tones, you’ll find the right color to match your personal style. Learn more in this CR-V color guide from Honda of San Angelo. New CR-V…